A quarter of the year has flown by since my last post (eek!) and I was traveling quite a bit. Since my last post, I have:
- Had another wedding, our Catholic church wedding in New York
- Tested our wedding vows in dealing with a health situation
- Traveled back to Motherland (Malaysia) and Singapore
- Had a haircut
- Traveled to Barcelona and Menorca for our birthday vacation
- Changed blog hosting providers; and
- Learned how to sew on a sewing machine!
I have been slacking off blogging but I am definitely not short on content to blog, that’s for sure! So without further ado, here’s the outfit I wore on our first day in Barcelona. I last wore this dress here and it’s my most pinned item on Pinterest. It’s too pretty a dress to be sitting in the closet so I brought it along for our birthday vacation!
The black tweed jacket is synonymous with Chanel and tend to conjure images of feminine formal wear. Instead of conforming to that notion, I decided to pair my black tweed jacket for a casual sporty outfit for an errand run. Sadly, the gray skies in London resulted in either overexposed or underexposed images while shooting for this outfit. (I’ve yet to experiment with the wonders of Lightroom or Photoshop that could have salvage many of the images.) Kindly excuse the unkempt hair for the relentless wind here renders any untied hair to a mess! (Which explains the cropped full body shot sans head.)
We finally had a real proper Spring weekend, where we had a Spring day with sunshine and a rainy, misty Spring day, the next. I’m loving the weather and have no complaints! Here’s my outfit from the weekend incorporating two trends for this Spring – floral and stripes.
- Top: ZARA 2009
- Jacket: ZARA 2012 (similar)
- Scaft: Loft 2009
- Jeans: J Brand 1114 Cigarette Leg (similar)
- Shoes: Diesel 2005
- Bag: Chanel Reissue in Anniversary Gray 226
- Rings: Cartier Trinity Ring and H&M
- Bracelet: Marc Jacobs Special Items 2009 (similar)
- Watch: Swatch circa 2000
I’m linking this outfit with DC in Style‘s Monday Bloom and Watch What You’re Wearing from Watch out for the Woestmans
Have a great week ahead! 🙂